GodLike Esports is an Indian esports organization actively competing in Battlegrounds Mobile India and involved in content creation. This team has been in discussions since the launch of BGMI due to their huge acquisition of the entire ex-roster of TSM India. The BGMI roster of GodL has reportedly earnt over ₹1 crore by winning tournaments since the launch of this game.
Battlegrounds Mobile India was launched in the country as an alternative to PUBG Mobile and its fanbase quickly adapted. The first and only tournament that officials hosted was called as BGIS 2021 and its numbers depicted that the popularity of this battle royale is still evergreen in India.
As the game was introduced in India, the esports organizations were getting ready and GodLike Esports made probably their biggest move till date by acquiring the star-studded roster of Neyo, Jonathan, Clutchgod and ZGod with Ghatak as their mentor.
According to a report by Sportskeeda, this move has absolutely paid off as the roster has accumulated more than 1 Crore INR in earnings. Some of their major wins in various tournaments and its earnings is given below:
- Skyesports Championship 3.0 – ₹12 Lakhs
- Thug Invitational Season 3 – ₹80k
- Ranbhoomi Season 1 – ₹5 Lakhs
- LOCO War of Glory – ₹20 Lakhs
- LOCO Diwali Battle – ₹2.9 Lakhs
- OneShot Showdown Season 2 – ₹14 Lakhs
- RedBull M.E.O Season 4 – ₹80k
- Skyesports Mobile Open – ₹40K
- BattleGrounds Mobile India Series (BGIS) 2021 – ₹3.75 Lakhs
- PUBG Mobile Global Championship (PMGC) – 57k USD (~₹42L )
This amount goes close to ₹98 Lakhs without accounting for other smaller events. This is a huge sum and only a limited few organizations can reach the mark.
Also Read | BGMI BAN IN INDIA: WHY IS NGO ASKING FOR A BAN?