Fortnite players may encounter the ESP-BUIMET-003 error across platforms, including Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC. This guide offers several methods to resolve the issue, enhancing your gaming experience.
This error typically indicates server issues from Epic Games’ end. If you’re facing this error, it’s advised to first check the status of Fortnite servers. This can be done through the Epic Games Public Status page, Fortnite’s Twitter account, or checking platform-specific server statuses like PlayStation Network and Xbox Live.
How to Fix Esp-Buimet-003 Error in Fortnite?
1. Check Server Status
2. Restart Your Console or PC
3. Power Cycle Your Console
4. Sign Out and Back Into Your Account
5. Change DNS Settings
Altering your DNS to Google Public DNS is another effective method. The steps differ slightly depending on whether you’re on a PC, PlayStation, or Xbox:
- Open Control Panel and navigate to Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Connections.
- Select Properties and double-click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Enable “Use the following DNS server addresses” and enter 184.108.40.206 (Preferred DNS server) and 220.127.116.11 (Alternate DNS server).
- Go to Network settings, set up your internet connection, and choose manual DNS settings.
- Use 18.104.22.168 as the primary DNS and 22.214.171.124 as the secondary DNS.
- Access Network settings and choose manual under DNS settings.
- Set 126.96.36.199 as the primary DNS and 188.8.131.52 as the secondary DNS.
6. Clear Local Save Game Files & Persistent Storage
Clearing local save game files and persistent storage on your console can also help. Ensure your console is connected to the internet to back up your files in the cloud before proceeding with this step.
7. Run a Soft Factory Reset
Resolving the ESP-BUIMET-003 error in Fortnite can involve a mix of checking server statuses, restarting devices, adjusting settings, or even a soft reset of your console. By following these steps, you can troubleshoot and potentially fix the error, allowing you to return to your gaming experience.