Fortnite lets players of various platforms play together in a lobby using their cross-platform matchmaking feature. Regardless if you are playing on a PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, XBO, PC, or Switch, you can still play with your friends on any other platform. Keep reading this article to know how to enable crossplay in Fortnite.
Cross-platform matchmaking in Fortnite also ensures that your account data is carried over to other platforms in case you decide to switch.
How to enable cross platform matchmaking in Fortnite
To enable the crossplay matchmaking feature in Fortnite, all you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Create an account on Epic Games
- Download the Epic Launcher
- Open the launcher and log in to your account
- Click on the silhouette in the top right of the launcher
- Input your friends’ Epic email address or username that you wish to play cross-platform with
- Wait for them to accept your friend request
- Invite them to a lobby
- Start matchmaking
Remember, during cross-platform matchmaking, your entire lobby will be placed against players at the top of the platform hierarchy. For instance, if you’re a PC player playing with a Mobile player in your team, you won’t be matched against other Mobile players but PC players instead, which may put your friend playing in Mobile at a significant disadvantage.