Valorant recently announced Gekko, the newest addition to Valorant’s agent pool. Gekko belongs to the Initiator class who depicts special skills which allow the agent to plant//defuse the spike using his wingman, jumping off walls, and further detecting enemies. The Agent’s pet aids him in gathering vital information during a round, giving his squad a leg up on the opposition.
Episode 6 Act 2 hits the live servers on March 7 or 8, depending on your location, which finally allows you to don Gekko in your competitive matches.
At the VCT LOCK//IN 2023, Gekko was revealed to the public on the main stage for the first time ever. In addition to Gekko’s reveal, VCT held a showcase match between Team Tarik and Team FRTTT using the upcoming Agent on the day of the finals.
Gekko is set to hit the live server as a part of the Season 6 Act 2 update which is scheduled to release on March 7, 2023. However, owing to time zone differences, the date may move to March 8 in some areas. The official game servers in India (Mumbai) will be shutting down for maintenance at 03:30 IST on March 8. For the duration of this maintenance window, access to the game will be temporarily unavailable.
Below are the major time zones that may determine the launch of Gekko in your region :
- Asia Pacific: March 7, 2023, 14:00 PST
- Brazil: March 7, 2023, 06:00 PST
- Europe: March 7, 2023, 20:00 PST
- Korea: March 7, 2023, 14:00 PST
- Latin America: March 7, 2023, 06:00 PST
- North America: March 7, 2023, 06:00 PST
Below we have listed the ability draft of Gekko which might run you through the agent’s purpose on the server.
- Mosh Pit (C): This ability allows players to deploy a grenade filled with a green, gooey substance. When thrown, the grenade lands and releases the substance, which spreads over a small area. After a short delay, the substance explodes, causing damage to anything within its range. It is important to note that this ability can only be used once and cannot be reused.
- Wingman (Q): This companion can bounce off walls and detect enemies in a specified zone, stunning them. Additionally, players can use this ability to plant or defuse the spike. When the companion expires, it transforms into an orb that can be picked up. After use, the ability goes into cooldown and can be reused again.
- Dizzy (E): Gekko’s signature ability involves deploying a pet that travels forward in the same direction it is deployed for a limited time. The pet can partially block the vision of nearby enemies. After a short cooldown, the pet can be picked up and reused again.
- Thrash (X): This ability involves firing a projectile that launches a larger pet that shares its vision with Gekko. The pet can be controlled, and pressing the Fire button will lunge towards the enemy. When her timer expires, enemies within its area of effect are temporarily detained. The pet, known as “Thrash,” can be picked up as a glob after it expires, but it can only be reused once.
As with any new agent, there is an expectation that Gekko will be a meta-defining initiator. Riot Games is renowned for creating characters that are game-changing, and it is expected that this new agent will be no exception. While the community eagerly awaits the release of the new agent, it is not yet known when the Agent will see a public release in the official game.
Q. Who is Gekko in Valorant?
A. Gekko is the newest addition to the Valorant roster, and we’ve already seen brief teaser videos and images that hint at their role and reveal their unique Abilities ahead of their official reveal.
For more updates on Gekko and Valorant, make sure to follow TalkEsport on Google News.