With the release of the initial patch notes for the 5.12 update, Riot Games has disclosed yet another round of significant alterations to the Valorant agent Chamber. Chamber is getting drastically nerfed for the second time in two months to make him less of a must-pick agent.
The player’s ability to teleport will undergo one of the most significant overhauls when the next patch is released. He can no longer pre-emptively move practically anywhere on the map, making him easier to find and combat.
If his teleport anchor is destroyed in a round, it will no longer go on cooldown and will be lost for the rest of the round, giving him another counter-play option.
The Trademark trap now has a range restriction. Chamber will be deactivated if it moves too far away from the target, rendering it virtually useless and introducing another layer of strategic consideration for players of Chamber.
His Tour De Force fire rate has been reduced by 57.5%, and his Trademark and its slow have been cut to 40% and reduced in duration and size.
The creators say these nerfs have dramatically affected Chamber in their internal tests, but there is no guarantee this will stop Chamber from being a menace in every game. He is now much inferior at holding short angles, but still important on long ones, and going forward to get additional information now costs Trademark.
Kevin Meier and Jay Watford, Valorant agent designers, spoke on Chamber’s key changes in patch 5.12. The complete patch notes for the next Valorant update 5.12 have not been made public, although it is anticipated that the Chamber nerfs will be the primary focus of this update.
Meier and Watford explained their method thusly: “Our strategy was designed around keeping Chamber’s battle strength while reducing the breadth of his impact throughout any given map.”
Players that are willing to put in the effort should still be able to achieve success as they understand how these new game elements fare on different maps, in different places, and with different play styles.
After his release in November 2021, he was one of the agents who contributed to defining the VALORANT meta the following year in 2022. Riot Games nerfed Chamber in early August after pro players mastered the French agent’s kit, yet Chamber still oppresses other agents.
According to Meier, the new changes are intended to hone in on Chamber’s identity as a “precision-focused” sentinel while simultaneously dramatically limiting his influence by providing opponents with greater opportunities for counterplay.
Chamber’s powers, notably his ultimate Tour de Force, have been revamped. Riot will monitor Chamber as players adjust to these updates. The developers are prepared to make more balancing adjustments if they determine that such adjustments are necessary.
All Chamber nerfs coming to VALORANT in Patch 5.12
- Updated Stability Curve
- Spread increased after second bullet when spamming. This is explicitly meant to reduce low-precision body-shot spam as an effective combat measure.
- Chamber now places a single anchor that can be teleported to while inside its range.
- Diameter increased from 15 meters to 26 meters.
- Removed teleport activation height restriction.
- You can teleport to the Anchor while on different verticality so long as you are within its radius.
- Increased weapon equip time after teleporting from 0.4 seconds to 0.7 seconds.
- Headhunter is unaffected by this change.
- Destroying Rendezvous teleport anchor now disables it for the remainder of the round, instead of being placed on a cooldown.
- Chamber no longer incurs an additional cooldown when recalling his Anchor after teleporting.
- The trap is now range restricted
- Trademark will disable when Chamber moves out of range, and reactivate once he is inside.
- Can now be recalled mid-round
- Does not require line of sight.
- 30 seconds cooldown on recall.
- Destruction remains permanent.
- Initial Arm Time increased from two seconds to four seconds.
- Health Increased from one to 20.
Tour De Force (X)
- Fire rate decreased by 57.5 percent.
- This applies to both Trademark and Tour De Force
- Reduced from 50 percent to 40 percent.
- Reduced duration from six seconds to four seconds.
- Reduced size by 30 percent.
For more coverage on the forthcoming Valorant Meta, make sure to follow TalkEsport on Google News.