The ability kit of League of Legends’ newest champion, Gwen, has been officially revealed by Riot Games. While fans were already able to take a sneak peek at the champ’s kit previously in her teaser, the detailed list of her abilities has been revealed today.
League of Legends Gwen Abilities
Here are the abilities of Gwen as revealed by Riot:
- Passive – Thousand Cuts – Gwen’s basic attacks deal bonus on-hit magic damage based on a percentage of her health. Basic attacks against champions will heal her for some of the damage dealt.
- Q – Snip Snip! – Gwen rapidly snips her scissors between two and six times, dealing magic damage in a cone. At a minimum, Gwen will snip twice, adding one snip per basic attack Gwen has landed on an enemy (up to four for a total of six).
Enemies in the center of each snip take true damage, as well as the bonus magic damage from Thousand Cuts.
- W – Hallowed Mist – Gwen spins up the Hallowed Mist to surround her for five seconds, gaining some armour and magic resist when in it. Enemies outside the Mist cannot target Gwen or hit her with any abilities. The mist will move to follow Gwen the first time she tries to leave it but will dissipate the next time.
- E – Skip ’n Slash – Gwen dashes a short distance and empowers her attacks with increased range, speed, and on-hit magic damage for four seconds. Attacking an enemy during this time refunds 50% of this ability’s cooldown.
- R – Needlework – Gwen can cast Needlework up to three times, but needs to hit an enemy within 8 seconds to unlock each subsequent cast. Each cast fires needles in a line that deal with magic damage, slow enemies, and apply Gwen’s Thousand Cuts bonus magic damage.
The first cast will fire one needle, the second will fire three, and the final cast will fire five, for a total of nine needles and nine applications of Thousand Cuts to enemies hit.
From the initial looks at her abilities, it seems like Gwen can easily become a fan-favourite champion from the time of its release.
The doll-turned-person will be available to play in PBE starting today, and can be played in the official servers once patch 11.8 drops in about a couple of weeks.