Tuesday, August 18, 2026

ENC 2026 Postponed to November 2027: Reason, India Impact, and What Happens Next

ENC 2026 has been postponed to November 2027. The Esports Foundation confirmed on August 18, 2026, that the inaugural Esports Nations Cup, originally scheduled for November 2 to 29, 2026, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, will now take place a full year later. The reason cited is the wider regional situation. Riyadh remains the host city. All existing Development Fund commitments to National Team Partners stay in place. India had already announced its BGMI roster, completed CS2 qualifiers, and confirmed participation in 4 titles before the postponement was announced.

Why ENC 2026 Is Postponed

The Esports Foundation pointed to the wider regional situation as the reason ENC 2026 is postponed. This refers to the same conflict between Iran and the United States that forced EWC 2026 to move from Riyadh to Paris in May 2026.

Ralf Reichert, CEO of the Esports Foundation, said the decision was not taken lightly. He confirmed that the Foundation owes its partners an inaugural ENC delivered under the right conditions and at the level the idea deserves. He added that the work continues and the ambition remains unchanged.

The Foundation chose to postpone rather than relocate. EWC 2026 moved to Paris on 50 days notice. The ENC had 3 months before its November date and could have attempted a city change. Instead, it pushed back by a full year and kept Riyadh. That tells you the Foundation views the ENC as an event that must launch in Saudi Arabia specifically.

ENC 2026 Postponed: What India Had Already Built

India was one of the most prepared countries heading into ENC 2026. The postponement disrupts real progress, not just plans on paper.

NODWIN Gaming was named India’s National Team Partner in March 2026. They were handling talent identification, team formation, coaching, and publisher coordination. As TalkEsport reported, NODWIN Gaming was placed at the centre of India’s first structured push toward national esports representation.

India’s BGMI roster was already announced in July 2026. The squad included Nakul, Legit, Spower, Akop, Pain, Slug, and coach Ayogi. India had a Special Invite for the BGMI competition, which was set to feature 32 national teams and a $1.32 million prize pool. As TalkEsport covered, the BGMI India roster for ENC was one of the strongest national squads assembled.

India was confirmed for 4 titles: BGMI, Chess, VALORANT, and Trackmania.

CS2 qualifiers had already been completed. National qualifiers ran July 6 to 16, regional qualifiers July 17 to 19. Registrations went live on FACEIT in June 2026. As TalkEsport reported, CS2 qualifier registrations were already active before the postponement was announced.

A 12-month delay changes everything for these rosters. Players will change teams, contracts will expire, form will shift. The BGMI roster announced in July 2026 will almost certainly need to be revisited by November 2027.

What the Esports Foundation Said Will Continue

The Foundation made specific commitments in its postponement statement:

  • All existing ENC Development Fund commitments to National Team Partners remain in place
  • The Development Fund and ecosystem programs will continue operating
  • Work with publishers, National Team Partners, and stakeholders continues
  • Clarity on the revised competition calendar, qualification pathways, and other implications will come in the coming weeks

The Foundation also confirmed that Saudi Arabia remains fully capable of hosting events, with major sporting and entertainment events continuing as planned in the country.

ENC 2026 Postponed: Key Facts at a Glance

DetailOriginalUpdated
EventEsports Nations CupEsports Nations Cup
Original DatesNovember 2 to 29, 2026Postponed
New DateNovember 2027
LocationRiyadh, Saudi ArabiaRiyadh, Saudi Arabia (unchanged)
Game Titles16TBC for 2027
Countries/Territories100+Partnerships remain
Total Commitment$45 millionNot confirmed for 2027
Prize Pool$20 millionNot confirmed for 2027
India National Team PartnerNODWIN GamingStatus unchanged
India TitlesBGMI, Chess, VALORANT, TrackmaniaTBC for 2027

Second Major Riyadh Postponement in 2026

ENC 2026 being postponed follows a pattern. In May 2026, the Esports World Cup moved from Riyadh to Paris due to the same regional tensions. EWC relocated successfully and is currently running through August 23. The ENC took a different path: postpone by a year, keep Riyadh.

Two of the Esports Foundation’s three flagship events in 2026 have now been affected by the regional situation. EWC moved. ENC postponed. The third, EWC 2027, is planned for a return to Riyadh.

5 Questions That Still Need Answers

The Esports Foundation said more details are coming. These are the 5 questions that matter most:

1. Will qualifier results carry over? CS2 national and regional qualifiers already ran. If those results are voided, teams will need to requalify. If they carry over, the competitive landscape may look very different 12 months later.

2. Will the BGMI roster stay? India’s squad was built for November 2026 form. By November 2027, player availability, team contracts, and competitive performance will have shifted. Will NODWIN reselect?

3. Will the $45 million commitment hold? The Foundation has not confirmed whether the financial commitment stays at the same level for 2027. The $20 million prize pool was a defining feature of the event.

4. Will all 16 game titles remain? Game publishers may reassess their involvement given the delay. Publisher partnerships that were confirmed for 2026 may not automatically extend.

5. Will National Team Partner appointments stay? The Foundation said Development Fund commitments remain. But will every partner from 100+ countries still hold the same role 12 months later?

TalkEsport will update as the Foundation releases further details.

Esports News