The highly anticipated 2.6 Update has finally arrived in PUBG Mobile, bringing with it a host of exciting changes to the classic battle royale gameplay. As the much-awaited relaunch of Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) approaches, players can expect these updates to be incorporated into the latest version, in accordance with the government guidelines.
Expected Updates in BGMI Classic Mode
- New Full-Auto Mod Attachment: One of the notable changes is the introduction of the Full-Auto Mod attachment for the M1614 and MK47 semi-automatic assault rifles. This attachment can now be found as ground loot and enables players to switch to full auto mode. It’s worth mentioning that even in auto mode, the fire rate of these rifles will be lower compared to popular choices like the M416.
- Companion Spectating System: With this update, eliminated teammates can transform into companions by assuming the form of a pet. They will have a unique view of the match from the companion’s perspective, which is only visible to their surviving teammates. However, the companions themselves will not be able to see or hear enemies.
- Tactical Attachment Applicable Mode Updates: Players can now equip gun shields on firearms like the M249, providing added protection from incoming damage. However, this comes at the cost of a reduced field of view.
- Full Movement Speed on SMGs: Close combat enthusiasts will be thrilled to learn that they can now fire and sprint simultaneously using SMGs. These weapons will no longer incur movement penalties, making them a top choice for intense crosshair duels.
- Melee Weapon Revision: All melee weapons have been consolidated under the new category called Machete. Additionally, players can now apply weapon finishes to Machetes, and the corresponding animations have been adjusted accordingly.
- Throwable Improvements: Grenades and other throwables have received enhancements, including improved animation, reduced recoil, and general updates to their mechanics.
- Convertible Sports Car Mechanic: The Open and Closed Top Mirado vehicles have been merged into a single vehicle with a convertible roof. This same adjustment has been applied to the UAZ as well.
- Vehicle Improvements: Following its introduction in Miramar, the Monster Truck has now been added to Erangel, alongside the Open Mirado. Furthermore, the UAZ now replaces pickups in Sanhok and Miramar.
- Supply Shop Item Adjustments in Livik: In Livik, Supply Shops will now stock the QBZ instead of the AKM, providing players with a different weapon choice in this map.
- Match Withdrawal Penalty Adjustments: Players will no longer have merit deducted for leaving a match before boarding the plane, allowing more flexibility and freedom to choose their desired gameplay experience.
- Chicken Dinner Adjustment: The UI for the chicken dinner screen and victory dance has been improved, enhancing the overall celebratory experience.
Apart from these changes, BGMI has received numerous theme-related updates, graphics improvements, and enhancements to the Metro Royale mode. Krafton, the game’s developer, will release the full patch update once the game goes live. Additionally, there will be BGMI exclusive updates, which may include features such as a no-blood gameplay option and wardrobe restrictions. Notably, updates have also been made to the game’s privacy section, focusing on server security and ensuring a safer environment for underage players. However, players are advised to exercise patience as Krafton finalizes the relaunch process in order to get accurate information about the in-game changes.
BGMI Minimum Requirements
To enjoy the BGMI experience on Android, players should ensure their devices meet the following minimum requirements: Android 4.3 or higher, Adreno (TM) 306 or higher GPU, and at least 1.5 GB of RAM. iOS users, on the other hand, need iOS 9.0 or later, or iPad, iPadOS 9.0 or later, with a minimum of 2 GB RAM. However, it is advisable to have slightly more advanced hardware to ensure a seamless gaming experience, as the provided requirements may be outdated.
BGMI Download Size
In terms of download size, the BGMI 2.6 update’s APK file is expected to be similar to the size of the recently launched PUBG Mobile 2.6 update. Based on this comparison, players can anticipate the BGMI 2.6 update APK to range between 600 MB and 700 MB. It is important to note that this estimate is subject to slight variations in the actual size.
Upon successfully downloading the APK file, players will also be prompted to download resource packs to complete the installation process. They will have two options to choose from: the Low-spec Resource Pack and the HD Resource Pack. These resource packs are expected to consume an additional 1.5 GB of data, and the overall size of the game may increase by approximately 4 GB.
Ensure you stay updated with the latest BGMI news and official announcements to make the most of the new features and updates in version 2.6.
Stay up to date with the latest news in gaming and esports by signing up for early access to TalkEsport’s Mobile App. Follow us on Twitter and Google News to ensure you never miss out on the exciting updates.