The infamous ‘failed to find dedicated server’ error in CS2 is a common error that players have been constantly encountering since the last update of the title. While this error can seem extremely annoying at first, it can often be fixed pretty easily in just a few steps.
For the uninitiated, the ‘failed to find dedicated server’ error prevents players from playing CS2 completely, and is generally associated with workshop maps in the game. Fortunately, there are a number of solutions that you can try in hopes of fixing this problem, and it will only take a few minutes before you are able to enjoy your favorite competitive shooter once again.
Without further ado, let’s check out how to fix the ‘failed to find dedicated server’ error in Counter Strike 2.
CS2: ‘Failed To Find Dedicated Server’ Error – How To Fix?
Here are the steps that you need to follow to fix the ‘failed to find dedicated server’ error in CS2:
- Restart Steam: In many cases, a simple restart is all it takes to fix this problem. To do this, exit CS2, restart Steam, and log back in once again. You can then relaunch CS2 and see if it fixes the problem.
- Remove launch options: Certain launch options might actually be causing issues with your game, resulting in this problem. You can try removing your launch options entirely and see if it helps. To do this, head over to your Steam library and right-click Counter-Strike 2. From there, click on Properties and remove all launch options. Now, you can launch the game to check if the problem has been fixed.
- Verify Integrity of Game Files: If your game files are corrupted, you can try verifying integrity of the game to fix the ‘failed to find dedicated server’ error in CS2. To do so, right-click on CS2 from your Steam library once again and head over to Properties > Installed Files. Once there, hit ‘Verify Integrity of Game Files’ and wait for the process to finish. After the verification process is complete, you can launch CS2 and play the game smoothly without encountering any issues.
- Delete the Workshop Folder: This is a last resort if all other methods fail, and doing this method will wipe out all your saved Workshop maps completely from your PC. If you decide to go through with this method, head over to the folder where you installed CS2 and go to csgo > maps. From there, delete the entire workshop folder and restart Steam.
- Reinstall CS2: If everything else fails, your best bet is to uninstall Counter-Strike 2 and reinstall it from scratch to fix the problem. To do this, simply right-click CS2 from your Steam library and hit ‘Uninstall’. Once done, install it once again on your PC. Once the installation process is complete, you should be able to run the game without further hassle.
That’s everything you need to know about fixing the ‘failed to find dedicated server’ error in CS2.