Valve has officially rolled out the ELEAGUE Major stickers in a recent patch, offering upwards of 120 individual item purchases for the duration of the event, taking place Jan 12-28. Twenty-four individual teams will participate in the $1,000,000 prize pool tournament, kicking off with the new challenger’s portion, formerly known as the main qualifier.
Sixteen teams will duke it out in a bid to secure one of eight slots at the LAN finals, held in Boston, Massachusetts. The remaining eight participants have already been decided as they are the top eight contestants from the previous major tournament, PGL Krakow 2017.
In addition to revealing the stickers for the ELEAGUE Major, Valve included in-game adjustments and improvements in a patch, the details of which may be found below:
[ THE ELEAGUE BOSTON 2018 CS:GO MAJOR CHAMPIONSHIP ]
– Team stickers, team graffiti, and stickers autographed by CS:GO pro players are now available for purchase in-game, from the Steam Community Market, or from the 50 piece Mega Bundle on Steam. 50% of the proceeds go to the players and organizations at Boston 2018. For more details, visit http://www.counter-strike.net/pickem/boston2018
– Team stickers can be used as game pieces for the Boston 2018 Team Pick’Em Challenge.
— Preliminary stage picks can be made immediately, preliminary stage picks lock at the start of the preliminary stage matches.
— Group stage picks can be made when the preliminary stage has completed, group stage picks lock at the start of the group stage matches.
— Playoff picks can be made when the group stage has completed, playoff picks lock at the start of the first quarterfinal match.
[ HOLIDAYS ]
– Deployed Holiday Cheer for your festive fragging season.
– You can spread the Holiday Cheer! Gifts are now available for a limited time.
[ MISC ]
– Fixed ability to host offline server with friends for War Games when setting party lobby privacy to “Friends Need Invites”.
– Tournament server logs can now have item pickup/drop events enabled using mp_logdetail_items setting.
– Game servers will now sanitize player name string to not contain non-ascii control characters.
– Fixed unlocalized string in disconnect errors for other players.
– Fixed several client-side crashes.
– Added support to demoinfogo parser for decoding fixed user data size string tables which previously caused invalid substring calculation code path to run.
[ GAMEPLAY ]
– Replaced shotgun spread model (off by default). Available for offline and community servers for testing. For more details visit http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/holiday-spread/